Quincy Junior High School
Founded in 1984, James G. Staat Tuckpointing specializes in new construction projects, tuckpointing, masonry reconstruction, masonry restoration, waterproofing, air-barrier systems, joint sealing, graffiti removal, and brick cleaning on vintage buildings as well as new construction projects. Over the years James G. Staat Tuckpointing Inc. has grown into specialists in renovation and preservation of historical landmarks. Our team of professionals is amply equipped to provide outstanding workmanship suited to your particular specifications. In the past year we have employed over thirty craftsmen who have worked on over 200 projects throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois.
- Blueprint Indigo Award
- Daniel James Staat received a Who’s Who Lifetime Membership Recognition from Cambridge Who’s Who, Registry of Executive and Professionals 2007-2008 Edition.
- Quality Assurance Program Excellence Award on March 25th, 2014, awarded by the Air Barrier Association of America for demonstrating a high level of quality installations, professionalism, and in meeting the high standards set by the ABAA Quality Assurance Program for air barriers during 2013.
- Great Plains Chapter I.C.R.I. awarded James G. Staat Tuckpointing and Waterproofing, the Repair Project Award Winner, Masonry Category - Award of Excellence 2016 for The Arcade Building.
- Edison Coatings
- Tremco Sealants
- United States Federal Contractor Registration – Verified Vendor 2019-2020
- Air Barrier Association of America
- Employees certified in Historic Craftsman Masonry Restoration
- Festus Main Street Facelift
- Blueprint Magazine
- St. Louis CNR Magazine
- Missouri Alliance for Historic Preservation
- St. Louis Hotel Market
Testimonials/Letters of Recommendation:
- Karen Bode Baxter - Preservation Consultant
- Cheryl Thomas - Mizzou Construction Manager
- Les ZumBrunnen - Principal at Mosaic Engineering and Consulting
- Peter Wollenberg - Wollenberg Building Conservation, LLC
- Education: Truman University (underground utility tunnels – waterproofing, Zipex crystalline-based waterproofing (pic needed from Sara), Missouri SNT, Mizzou, Washington University, Lindenwood.
- Government: Courthouses, state and federally funded works.
- Apartment Complexes and Office buildings.
- Experience with large projects and major general contractors including Clayco, Paric, BSI, River City, SM Wilson and WTI Tremco to name a few.
James G. Staat Tuckpointing Inc. has the utmost concerns for safety at the job site. This means the safety not only of our workers, but the safety of others at the job site as well, including other tradesmen and pedestrians alike. All of our tradesmen, and even our administration, have had OSHA guideline training at the Bricklayers Union Local 1 Training School.
In addition, Staat Tuckpointing collaborates with the Safety Services Company of Corona, CA, employing its own safety program, "Safe-Site", to ensure its employees are kept current on save construction guidelines. Because of this training , we have one of the lowest "mod" ratings for workers compensation and liability insurance. When James G. Staat Tuckpointing Inc. is on your job site, you can be assured it will be a "Safe-Site"; Staat means safety.
Dun and Bradstreet:
Dun & Bradstreet Information Services: D&B Number 79-861-1703 3 5 STT
- The Masonry Society
- Bricklayers Local 1, 2000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63013; Phone: 314-241-7661
- Bricklayers Local 8, P.O. Box 40, East Alton, IL 62024; Phone: 618-258-1866
- Intl. Bricklayers Local 23
- Intl. Bricklayers Local 15
- Concrete Finishers Local 90
- Laborers Local 43
- Laborers Local 110
JW Terrill, 825 Maryville Centre Dr, Chesterfield MO 63017 Phone: 314-594-2700
Key Benefits of James G. Staat Tuckpointing Inc.
Staat, Inc. has completed some of the largest and most prestigious historical preservation projects in the greater Midwest - Missouri, Illinois and Iowa to name a few, as well as national collaborations with various contractors. The historical value that is innate to these buildings is multiplied when we create the renovation that brings them back to life and adds to their longevity. We take modern concepts, paired with contemporary products to create a unique blueprint to solve some of the most challenging historical renovation projects in the 21st century.
We have a large team of masonry artisans who are timely, courteous, and efficient with an unmatched level of quality in the trade and dedication to detail. Our vast knowledge of the variety of restoration project types and processes, allows us to say with confidence, that we can handle your masonry restoration project, whatever the size or scope of work; with targeted resourcefulness, we are able to offer our services to work with your budget.
Our ingenuity and efficiencies offer modern strategies to align your project with our vast knowledge of industry best practices and years of experienced, complex historical restoration and new construction projects. With our inventory of up-to-date equipment, we can configure access to a building with the least amount of interruption to building ownership.
Close relationships with preservation consultants provide us with a cutting edge in historical tuckpointing projects. We also stand by our relationships with our vendors in professional, historical preservation techniques and products.
Our team is constantly keeping up-to-date with training and continuing education from manufacturers and union training programs, to stay alert and knowledgeable on the latest advances and techniques available in our industry. You won’t find a better team who genuinely cares about the goals of the project and takes pride in their work on a daily basis.